Here are the rules, terms & conditions of the SG Active Trading Tournament.
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) shall apply to the “SG Active Trading Tournament 2019” Campaign (the “Campaign”) organized by Investing Note Pte Ltd (the “Organizer”) and supported by Singapore Exchange Limited (the “SGX”) and Société Générale (the “SocGen”).
- Registration will begin from 21 September 2019 to 8 November 2019, and the “Trading Tournament” will be conducted from 14 October (9am) to 29 November 2019 (5pm), both dates inclusive (the “Campaign Period”).
- The Campaign consists of 2 rounds:
- Elimination Round (from 14 Oct 2019 – 8 Nov 2019): A free-for-all trading simulation that includes all participants. Top 10 traders based on highest total portfolio returns will be selected. A minimum of four trades for each participant is also required to be the top 10 traders.
- Final Round (from 18 Nov 2019 – 29 Nov 2019): Top 10 traders will compete against each other. The top 3 traders with highest portfolio returns will win a prize. A minimum of four trades for each participant is also required to be the top 3 traders.
- Voting Period (from 18 Nov 2019 – 29 Nov 2019): The 10 traders into the final round will garner for votes from the public during this period. The trader with the highest number of votes will win the “People’s Choice Award”.
Winners and Prizes*
|Types of winners||Amount||Round Eligibility|
|Daily winners||$100 worth of prizes^ per trading day during Elimination Round||Elimination Round|
|Grand winners||1st: S$4,000
|People’s Choice Award winner||S$1,000||Final Round|
- Daily winners: Selected based on the biggest realised profit (absolute positive return) for any single DLC instrument on the particular trading day during the elimination round.
Participant A bought DLC X on day 1, sold it on day 3 with S$1,000 realised profit. Participant B bought DLC Y on day 2, closed half his position on day 3 for a realised profit of S$750 while the remaining half of his position has an unrealized profit of S$750. In this case, Participant A will be chosen as the Daily winner for day 3 as the selection is based on realised profits only. Profit calculations are based on a First-In-First-Out basis in the case of participant B.
- Grand winners: Top 3 participants with the highest total portfolio return in the final round. Grand winners will be required to have minimum four trades during the round.
- People’s Choice Award winner: The participant with the most number of votes amongst the 10 traders in the final round, will win a prize.
*In order to be eligible for the “most-voted” winner, participants must send over their personal photo and real identity details. Participants who have won a daily prize will not be eligible for subsequent daily prizes but can still participate in other prize categories.
^Prizes are to be determined and carry a value of up to S$100.
- iPhone 11 pro: One winner who registered for this campaign, will be selected amongst those who registered.
- 2x Apple Watch Series 5: Two winners will be selected amongst registered participants who trade at least once during the elimination round.
- 1x Apple Watch Series 5: One winner will be selected amongst people who voted for the “Peoples’ Choice Award”.
Eligibility and Entry
- Upon registration, participation will be confirmed upon receiving a notification via email. All registered participants will be required to have an InvestingNote account in order to participate in this Campaign. Each participant is only eligible for one (1) virtual trading account.
- The simulation trading tournament will be held on the InvestingNote website platform (https://www.investingnote.com) based on virtual money. Every trade is subject to a fixed commission rate of S$10 or a 0.08% per trade, whichever is higher.
- To participate in the Campaign, participants are required to carry out the following:-
(a) Register on the Campaign Registration Page hosted on www.investingnote.com within the Campaign Period;
(b) Participants are required to provide Name as per NRIC/Passport, Mobile Number and Email Address.
(c) Build a simulated investment portfolio with a virtual initial capital of fifty thousand Singapore dollars (S$50,000) through trading predefined securities products listed on SGX, specifically Daily Leverage Certificates (DLC) within the Campaign Period.
- Tradable securities are only Daily Leverage Certificates (DLC) for the purpose of this tournament. The list of available DLCs for trading can be found at InvestingNote.com
- Each registered participant will be given S$50,000 virtual capital to trade in the Elimination Round.
- Top 10 traders in the Final Round, will be given fresh virtual capital of S$50,000 each. They are to trade to win based on the new capital of S$50,000.
- Only Market Orders can be placed – participants will have to monitor the market actively to buy and sell. No advanced order is allowed.
- Orders are only allowed during periods where the Designated Market Maker is providing a market on the DLCs. The regular trading hours on trading days are listed below:
- Singapore DLCs (both index and single stocks) : 9am to 12pm; 1pm to 5pm
- Hong Kong index DLCs: 9:15am to 12pm; 1pm to 4:30pm
- Hong Kong stock DLCs: 9:30am to 12pm; 1pm to 4pm
- In the case of a halt or suspension of the underlying asset or DLC, it will not be tradable.
- Short selling of DLCs are not permitted.
- No margin account is allowed.
- In the event that any securities products in the participant’s portfolio is suspended and halt at any point in time during the Campaign Period, the holdings of these securities will be calculated based on the last bid price offered by the market maker.
- Only realised profits will be taken into account at the end of the campaign. In the case of open positions not closed out by the end of the Campaign, the last bid price offered by the market maker will be used to calculate the gain/loss.
- During the Campaign Period, a leaderboard showing the most updated results of participants will be shown. The leaderboard will be updated periodically.
- During the Campaign period, the participants’ portfolios will be set to ‘public’ and will be visible to external visitors.
- All registered participants will be automatically added into a private group “Active Traders’ Club” to access more information on the tournament and other details on InvestingNote.com.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the game rules, prizes and winners, including the right to review any suspicious activity.
General Terms and Conditions
- Any form of abuses, hacks or cheating is strongly prohibited. Those who are against the Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- Prizes presentation will be held on stage at the SGX auditorium. All respective prize winners will need to be physically present during prize presentation day to receive their prize. All prize winners will also consent to have their photo taken for publicity purposes.
- By participating in the Campaign, participants shall be deemed to have read, understood, accepted and be bound by (i) these Terms and Conditions and (ii) the Terms of Service of InvestingNote.com.
- The participant hereby confirms, represents and warrants that such participant is not and will not be in breach of any law in such participant’s country of residence or other applicable law regarding the legality of entering into and participating in the Campaign. The Organizer, its affiliates, partners, sponsors, service providers and their respective employees, officers, agents and representatives, shall not be responsible or liable for the participants in the Campaign in breach of such laws. Each participant is advised to check and seek relevant advice on the applicable laws before participating in the Campaign.
- The participant consents and authorises the Organizer and its partners to collect, store, use and disclose the information provided by such participant or collected during or after Campaign (including name, contact details, email addresses and other personal data and information) for the purpose of or in connection with the Campaign and ancillary purposes, including without limitation the following: (i) planning and administration of the Campaign; (ii) promotion, advertising and/or marketing the Campaign (present or future) and/or other events and activities organised or sponsored by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right, at any time to reverse, delete or update any transaction in the simulation platform placed by participants as it deems fit.
- The Organizer reserves the right to halt, withdraw or cancel the Campaign or to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time for whatever reason and without giving prior notice. The decision of the Organizer on all matters relating to or in connection with the Campaign is final, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The Organizer reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion to substitute or alter any of the prizes without notice to the participants.
- The Prizes used in all marketing collaterals pertaining to the Draws are for illustration purposes and actual Prizes may vary in terms of colour etc. The winners shall accept their respective Prizes “as they are”.
- The Organizers make no representation or warranty to the quality of the Prizes and assumes no liability or responsibility for any defects or non-performance of the Prizes.
- The Organizers are not responsible for any Prize losses or claims caused by error in entry of personal particulars.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash or any other items.
- Staff of the associated Organizers will not be eligible to win prizes in this campaign.
Join the Tournament now by clicking the button below!
InvestingNote is the first and largest social network for investors in Singapore. Find out more about us here.
Download our free app here: