MORE THAN $10,000 WORTH OF PRIZES TO BE WON!
The Biggest & Most Anticipated Trading Tournament is finally happening on Monday, 31st October 2022!
The Tournament has now begun…REGISTER NOW and trade your way to the TOP: bit.ly/UBSLTT2022
With more than 3,000 participants last year, this year participants will battle it out with other traders, through the trading of an instrument called Daily Leverage Certificate (DLC).
The tournament duration:
- Tournament Period (from 31st October – 18 September) The top 3 traders with highest portfolio returns will win cash prizes. A minimum of four trades for each participant is also required to be the top 3 traders.
- You’ll also stand a chance to win $30 CapitaLand Vouchers when you participate in the tournament! A minimum of 3 trades is required, the more the higher the chance!
- For daily top trade (the most profitable trade in absolute amount, for each trading day): $60 e-capitaland vouchers if you make the leaderboard for each trading day!
- Prizes up for grabs just for registering:
- 1x Apple TV 4K setup (worth $400)
- 1x Samsung 27″ Essential Curved Monitor (worth $400)
- 1x Nintendo Switch OLED console (worth $500)
- Join the tournament here: https://bit.ly/UBSLTT2022
What is a Daily Leverage Certificate (DLC)?
Daily Leverage Certificates (DLC) are exchange-traded financial products that enable investors to take a leveraged exposure to an Underlying Asset, such as an equity index or a single stock (Full list of DLCs). Daily Leverage Certificates replicate the performance of an Underlying Asset versus its previous day closing level, with a fixed leverage factor.
There are two types of Daily Leverage Certificates – Daily Long and Daily Short which enable investors to take a long or short exposure to an Underlying Asset.
Getting Started: what can you do with a DLC?
Long DLCs allow you to generate leveraged gains when the Underlying Asset goes up. On the other hand, Short DLCs increase in value when the Underlying Asset goes down, allowing investors to achieve positive and leveraged gains during market downturn.
Example: 5x Long Tencent
5x Long Tencent is at S$1. Buy 1,000 shares of this DLC with S$1000 when Tencent is at HK$300.
Tencent goes up from HK$300 to HK$309, i.e. up 3%.
5x Long Tencent will go up from S$1 to S$1.15, i.e. up by 3% x 5 = 15% compared to the previous day close.
Example: 5x Short Tencent
5x Short Tencent is at S$1. Buy 1,000 shares of this DLC with S$1,000 when Tencent is at HK$300.
Tencent goes up from HK$300 to HK$309, i.e. up by 3%.
5x Short DLC will go down from S$1 to $0.85, i.e. down by 3% x 5 = 15% compared to the previous day close.
How to identify a DLC listed by UBS?
For example, a 5x DLC with Tencent as an underlying would be known as 5xShortUB250228, with the following ticker 9QEW.
If there are more than one DLC with the same terms, DLCs that are launched subsequently are supplemented with an ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and so forth after expiry date.
What happens if I hold a DLC until expiry?
If you hold a DLC until expiry, the DLC will be settled at the fair value based on the pricing formula. If a 5x DLC is worth S$2 one day before expiry, and if the Underlying Stock remains unchanged on the expiry date, then the settlement price of the DLC will be at S$2.
Read this for more details on how DLC works.
[Tutorial For Website] How to start trading and be on the leaderboard for this tournament:
Step 1: As the tournament begins on 31 October, 9.30AM sharp, go to our website: www.investingnote.com and login with the username or account type that you registered for the tournament with.
Step 2: Click the “Simulation” button at the top right to access the competition, or use this https://bit.ly/UBSLTT2022:
Step 3: Click the “View My Simulation” button to access your virtual portfolio
Step 4: View your virtual portfolio’s dashboard, and click the “buy” button at the top to start trading. There’s also some missions for you to complete to get more rewards as well!
Step 5: You can scroll down further to check out more DLC and press the trade button to trade.
Step 6: Place an order by keying in the desired DLC and the amount.
Step 7: Let your profits roll and make other trades by repeating step 2!
Step 8: Closing your trade: simply go to your summary positions and click the “x” icons.
How To Start Trading On Mobile: App Tutorial
Step 1: After logging into our app, click the “explore” button at the bottom to access the competition.
Step 2: Click on the simulation to enter.
Step 3: Click the “My Simulation Account” button to access your virtual portfolio.
Step 4: View your virtual portfolio’s dashboard, and click the “trade” button to start trading. You can also check out other Securities by clicking on “Stock List”
Step 5: Place an order by keying in the desired DLC and the amount.
Step 6: Let your profits roll and make other trades by repeating step 2!
Step 7: Closing your trade: simply scroll down to your summary positions, click on the stock that you would like to close and click the “Close Position” button.
Do take note of the following:
- Only market order is permitted. No limit order or queuing for trade orders.
- DLC on HK-listed underlying stocks and indexes follow HK market open timing.
- If you would like to short a DLC, do buy a short DLC, instead of clicking the “sell” button.
Essential Tournament Details You Need To Know:
- The tournament will be held on the InvestingNote platform (web version + app) which tracks the real-time price movements on the Singapore Exchange, based on virtual money.
- You are now given $100,000 virtual money to trade per round. Every trade will have virtual transaction fees.
- Other than Top 3 Grand Prizes, there will be daily prizes of $60 CapitaLand vouchers for winners with the biggest realised profit (absolute positive return) for any single DLC instrument on the particular trading day during the elimination round. Check out the daily leaderboard here: https://bit.ly/UBSLTT2022
- Full details of the tournament are here: https://bit.ly/UBSLTT2022
May the best traders win and we wish you good luck!
We’d see you at the top!
InvestingNote is the largest & most active community of investors & traders in Singapore & Malaysia. Find out more about us here.
Download our free app here:
Also, join our telegram channel here: t.me/investingnoteofficial
We’re here to keep you in touch with the latest investing & stock-related news, happenings, and updates!